Friday

Salt Lick


If you are ever near Driftwood, Texas stop by the Salt Lick and get some grub. The minute you pull up you can smell the yum. Surprising enough, I think I may remember the sensation from about 5 years ago. You seat pick-nic style and can order family style. Everyone can enjoy a bit of everything.

My dear friend Whit-Nit as Commander calls her moved to Austin about 7 years ago. I miss her dearly. Her and her husband gave me the pleasure of enjoying this wonderful meal about 5 years ago. Than this spring when she brought her baby out for a visit, she brought along this treat for my family.

Whit- Nit thank you so much for this deliousiness. Bear asked for seconds when the chicken plate was licked clean. If memory serves me, I think he even licked the top of the bottle prior to throwing away the empty bottle.

I tried to use some ttv textures on these photos. This great flicker site offers some free textures. I am not a photoshop wise, so there is little chance of me explaining what I created. A lot of trial and error.

My chicken dinner picture needs some help. If you are hungry you should seriously go to this site. I fore warn you, you will get so hungry. I just browsed for seconds after lunch to get a recipe and it made be want to go cook up something yummy. So I did.

2 comments:

Stacy August 22, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

That looks so yummy! That was so nice of your friend to bring that for you. Anything that a kid will lick clean and ask for more is a huge winner! :)

Jaimee August 24, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

perfect use of textures!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP