Sunday

BSM: Simplicity

BSM- frog
My two older boys ran into the house, yelling about this toad. Commander was mowing the yard, so it was hard to hear. The excitement in their voice was high pitched and words were running together. They insisted I RUN out to see the wonder of the huge toad. It was quiet large and peaceful under the butterfly bush in the yard.

Moments like this make me wish that summertime would last forever. Weekends seem peaceful and full of time to play. Soon it will be winter and the four walls of the house will close in us.

I am hoping with the upcoming month of several practices a week (football), and little time for a traditional sit down dinners that the schedule will not take too much of toll. Don't get me wrong I love to have plans everyday, but need that quiet family time at night to help calm the end of day emotions.

7 comments:

Andrea August 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

I, too, am hoping the upcoming intense months of fall (high school football games) won't take too much of a toll. Summer is never long enough over here. Savor the moment cause before you know it, your boys will be in high school! *sigh*

And thanks for stopping by my place. =)

iMother2.0 August 24, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

What a great capture. I love the his smallish mouth compared to his largish body. What a happy little toad under the butterfly bush :)

He toadally made me smile! (get it! 'toad'ally) I know...I need to get to bed :p

Marie Rayner August 25, 2008 at 12:29 AM  

What a beautiful capture of the essence of summer!

Christina August 25, 2008 at 6:15 AM  

Don't you love how something like a toad can totally entrall a kid? LOVE it! You captured him so well.

Blueberry August 25, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

that is a sizable toad! :)

Stacy August 26, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

Lovely toad! :)

I am not looking forward to the winter either. I love being able to throw the kids outside for them to search for things to do in the yard. Fresh air is a good thing...it wears them out. ;)

tracey clark September 8, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

wow. cool shot!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP