Thursday

Theme Thursday: Friendship

Friendship
Friendship 2


For boys, friendship looks so different. It is a good game of tag, hide and go seek or looking for treasures. They do not talk about feelings or who was nice to them. They simply want to play together.

I strive to give my boys a great life lasting bond with each other. Both my husband and I losing a sibling when we were adolescents and my husband not being as close with his brother really heightens my sense. My vision is for my boys to call each other once a week, to have impromptu family BBQ's, and to have each others kids over at their house to play with their cousins. Friendship is not hard at this age, it is simply who is at the park or my friend's kiddos. But when they are teenagers how to keep them bonded? I want them to have differences and be unique, but not stray from each other. Will it be harder due to the nature of the TRIO of boys?

Right now I just bask in the warmth of hearing my boys try to be sneaky together, trading toys with each other and wanting to know where the other ones are if they are not in the room with them.

Stacy over at Land of KA has some great pictures of friendship.

9 comments:

Cara September 11, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

I so hope that my boys will be life long friends, I fear the teenage years as well. Both my husband and I are close with all our siblings and we hope that they will see that and emulate it.

Jen September 11, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

Ohhh, both of those shots are so good. That first one is so precious. They must really be friends if they are sharing a cupcake. I don't know if that would happen at my house.

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

I'm seeing from most of the posts this Theme Thursday that wanting our kids to be friends is universal! I definitely hope my kids are friends as adults. I do have some hope since my husband and his siblings are close, even despite fights they had as teenagers (and even fights they have today!)

Stacy September 11, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

You are so right...boys just want to play together, not talk LOL! What great photos of the boys - I love the cake share. :)

Christina September 11, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

Ooooh, both of these photos ar the sweetest! I really love the cake sharing. I have a feeling that by you being aware of it and doing what you can to cultivate a deep bond, your boys will be lifelong friends.

Joanna September 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Awww..Hands holding and sharing cake. These are both great! Such sweet sentiments too. I believe if they are brought up close it will carry on into thier adulthood. I think in the future, you will have many years to watch your grandkids playing together.

Rose September 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

What great photos of your boys! And wonderful words about them and your hopes for them. I have a 3-year-old (who is like 3 kids) and an 18 year old stepson. We really try to nurture that relationship because the age difference is large and some day they may only have each other. Luckily the 18 yr old loves his little brother and get a lot of time with him - right now.

Jaimee September 13, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

I think boys close in age will definitely be friends...even through the teenage years! It is a lot harder with girls when they are older, I think...Brothers tend to have an awesome lifetime bond...At least, I hope mine will!!!

Power Up Love September 15, 2008 at 3:41 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP