Monday

BSM

BSM

BSM 2

Tonight after work I switched out toys. That means that the toy box that had ALL Star Wars toys was put in a bin that went back down in the basement and other toys were brought back up stairs. I rotate toys every couple of weeks, sometimes sooner, and sometimes later. The kids have soooo many toys that when I rotate them this way it seems like they are new again. They play great for awhile with them. I know I need to switch out toys when they are getting restless and won't play with the toys in the baskets.

It took some time to organize all the toys. We separated them by theme and than I bring out one or two different themes at a time. The only problem that I am having is that if I put some toys in their rooms to play with upstairs, but they never stay up there to play with them. I should be so happy that they want to be under foot all the time. My hope was that they would stay up there for 10 minutes to play quietly. I know sometimes that my vision of what I would like to happen is only a fantasy.

So this was my Best Shot Monday, 10 minutes of peace while old toys were given a new life tonight.
Visit Tracey at Mother May I for other great BSM.

8 comments:

Phyllis Sommer September 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

i love that face behind the remote:-)

Jaimee September 8, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

Great shots! I love the smiles in the background! AND, I LOVE that idea...I need to clean out my garage so we have some organized storage space to do that!

I also love looking at your images in high quality! Glad the Flickr trick worked for you!

Oh, and on the lenses...I only started with one lens, so I am building the basics over a few months instead of purchasing a full range up front. This next lens I'm getting is with money from my b-day and I'm hoping DH will get me that zoom for Christmas!

tracey clark September 8, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

that top shot is like magic! sooooo cool. nice captures.

Anonymous September 9, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

That really is a great idea. I used to do that, too. Somewhere along the way I stopped though.

We have a play room that's close to us and they girls still bring the toys out to be closer.

carissa... brown eyed fox September 9, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

my first thought was... uh ... i LOVE her photography... really great... creative... inspiring!

my second thought was... i WANT her blog layout... LOVE it!
i have been wanting to give my blog a fresh change... boy howdy you just stirred up my eagerness!
really great!


on that toy front... i can so relate on them being at foot!
i do the theme organization thing too... only with barbies & such! :) the toys have a tendancy to wiggle their way into every room in our house!

iMother2.0 September 9, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

what a cool shot...cool toys and a super fab idea to switch stuff up that I never seem to remember :)

Christina September 9, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

I love to do the toy swap, too, and give forgotten toys new life! Love the smiles you captured.

Unknown September 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Oh, that top one is great! I always intended on doing a swap-out, sometimes I just rotate some bins to the top of the shelves...and that sort of works the same way. It is magic! New, fun toys!!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP