Thursday

Theme Thursday: Thankful

About every 6 weeks, Commander and I play Poker with a group of 3-4 other couples. We have been playing for about 3 years now. We rotate who host the poker party, and everyone brings a dish to share as well as BYOB.

Whenever there is a new couple, one of them always wins. Big Money too. It is nice to see others win. But we are the only couple who has to dish out money for a babysitter to have a fun night together. Really who cares, we get adult conversation that is not filled with interruptions or whining.

Poker

Right now I am thankful for the friends in my life. I would say I have a couple of really close friends that have been with me for years. Some have moved away and staying current on things is tough, but there is still a bond. I think that friendship is work and when it fits, it is easy and fulfilling work.

Like most of us, our friends have seen us at our lowest points in life. They seem to console us with our aches and celebrate with our joys. I am always wishing for more time for friendship or money to physically see them.

Stacy inspired this day to be thankful. And really, I have a lot to thankful for. Loving family and friends, healthy kids, nice neighborhood, stable job and hobbies that are inspiring me to be better in life.

13 comments:

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

Ooh, I would be thankful for a poker night, too. How fun is that. I would also be thankful if I won. That would not happen though.

Amy Bell November 20, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

oh...the photography on this blog is beyond cool...wow....i have 2 boys...lots of star wars over here! :)

nice to meet you!

Stacy November 20, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

What a wonderful post about friendship. That is something that is truly wonderful. :) How fun to have a poker night for couples, too! My hubby has a poker night every other week, and I could go if I wanted to get a sitter. These boys are serious, though. I don't think I could keep up LOL!

Jen November 20, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

Oh, I am so jealous. That sounds like so much fun. Thanks for reminding me to reach out to some friends I haven't talked to in awhile.

Megan November 20, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

fun shot -- love the perspective -- sounds like a great night out!

Joanna November 20, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

We used to play poker alot too...it is a good time to have with your friends. And the new couple coming in - Its called beginners luck! Never fails here too.

carissa... brown eyed fox November 20, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

love that!
poker AND friends!
great post!
xo

Jaimee November 20, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

ooohh...a poker night out with friends??? Awesome! And, awesome shot! Lovely words on this post!

Mitzi November 21, 2008 at 6:34 AM  

My hubby has a bi-weekly pocker night, me, I'm not so much into pocker. I prefer a night out with the girls or a movie with the hubby. Whatever the activity, it's nice to just get the time with friends and your husband. I know I don't get nearly enough of them.

Christina November 21, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

that sounds like a great night out!! It's be thankful for that, too.

Cara November 21, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

Thats a great idea. We have a hard time getting together with friends but we really should try more often.

Kimberly November 21, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Lovely perspective in this shot, and even more lovely sentiment. Friends should be treasured, for sure.

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

That sounds like fun! Adult time + no whining = worth the babysitter fee for sure!!!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP