Tuesday

Alone Time

It is such a different world, now that the two older boys are in school half the day. Sharkbait and I get so much done. I don't mind running errands with one child. I usually do all the shopping with all three boys in tow.

There is a lot of whining, deal making and general sense of blahhh. I try to have one of the older boys walk, one in the cart for as long as possible and Sharkbait in the front. Someone is always trying to move places. It takes about a third more time than it should when I have all three with me.

So today I am happy that it will be him and me for a few hours this am. Hopefully all the shopping will get done. That way, when the older two join us, we can be force to recon with at the park in stead of at Costco.

Shopping

Sometimes on the weekends when there is a lot that needs to get done, Commander and I split the kids up. That is nice to be alone with Moose or Bear and really get to talk to them while we are out.

One of our boys talks and talks when he is alone with us. It is funny and exhausting at the same time. I hope that when he is in college he will want to call home and talk, but I have a feeling that his talking will be directed elsewhere.

9 comments:

Cara November 25, 2008 at 6:51 AM  

Love the hat. I dread taking both boys to the store right now. Currently the 7 month old is the easiest to deal with. Francesco (2 1/2 has a good 2 minutes and then it is utter chaos.

Jen November 25, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

I can't even imagine trying to go to the store with 3 kids. You are one brave woman. Sharkbait's hat is just adorable.

cherish.photography November 25, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

Love the code names! Quite time is so nice sometimes, but it never seems to last long. I am grateful for the noise.

Christina November 25, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

I feel like such a whimp. I only have one kid, and still that feels tough sometimes!

Amy November 25, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

I do the same...one in the front and one in the back, until there is too many items and she gets crunched. I like the one on one time during the weekend...Costco trips are usually with just one...it's nice. Although, I did Costco alone this weekend...it was a dream! ;) Adorable little guy!

Anonymous November 29, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Oh, they do come home and chat and chat. When Rick came home from school for thanksgiving he is so chatty and fun. He even gives his mom lots and lots of hugs at random funny times. Those little boys are special and they remain that way. Enjoy. Hope you had a good thanksgiving. Love, Connie

Kimberly November 30, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

Oh.my.goodness! Look at the eyes on that kid. He's CUTE! :) (Love the spider hat.)

I feel for you with three. I go out alone with my two and by the time I've hauled Raya's carseat in and out of the truck six times and chased Bryce out of the clothing racks and down the aisles of the grocery store, I'm beat! Ahh, being a mom is FUN!

Jaimee November 30, 2008 at 11:23 PM  

What a cutie pie!1 Oh yeah, it is SOOO much easier to shop with one kid!!! I can't even fathom how you do it with three!!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

That is the cutest hat! I can't imagine shopping with multiple children. Don't have to worry about that yet!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP