Sunday

Boring Old Me

Cara tagged me for 6 random facts about me. Wow, who new that it would be hard for me to talk about me.

Every night after all the kids are tucked in bed I have two pieces of dark chocolate. I don't have a favorite type of chocolate, but my personal jar of candy is always full of a variety.

I shower at the YMCA at least 3 times a week. My excuse is that the boys are in Child Watch and no one is banging at the door or getting into the things they shouldn't be.

I have the best of both worlds: Stay at Home Mom and Working Mother. I only work twice a week~ but wish my boss would let me go to only once a week. And my mom watches all my boys while I work. I am very grateful that she is able to do this for our family.

I am a Pediatric Nurse at a Children's Hospital. Currently, I work in the recovery area. Where kids come right after surgery. The only thing I don't like about my job is the drive. It takes about an hour drive time each way.

I love movies. Before Commander and I had a family, we watched a lot of movies together. I know that someday we will be able to watch movies as a family. Right now only one of the three boys can sit long enough.

My friends joke that we live the 1950's. Our family eats dinner at about 5pm every night. Yes that's right, dinner is ready to eat at 5pm. Even Commander has dinner ready of the kids at about 5:30pm when I work.


That was way harder than I thought it would be. Like most of us, the pictures we take are mainly of our families and our surroundings, never catching us in the moment with them. I was happy after downloading some pictures this summer to find this good shot of my middle son and I.


Boring old Me

Have a lovely Week......

17 comments:

Christina November 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

"Boring old you" is not so boring! It's great to learn a little more about you. My mom is a nurse in pediatric recovery, too! She'll be moving to OR soon, tho. And, we usually eat dinner at 5, too. :o)

Aubrey November 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

Wow, dinner at 5? You're good.

Okay, how do your survive with three boys? I can barely handle it with two (and their sister).

Oh, and your pictures are fabulous, by the way. I wish I could take better photos, but I think a new camera with ultra fast sport focus is in order. My kids move too dang fast!

Mitzi November 9, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Wow dinner at 5! You are a super mom! Lovely photo of you and your son!

Darby November 9, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Yay for dinner at 5. You could be on our guest list for any dinner party... I'm of the opinion that the sooner we eat the better we are! :) I love the picture of you and your son... too cute!

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

wow, it takes an amazing person to do your job. I'm also impressed with the dinners at 5!
pretty picture too. :)

Jen November 10, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

It is great to learn more about my fellow bloggers. I love the picture of you and your son.

Amy November 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

So cute you are! I too love dark chocolate...that's always pick through the bag to eat those first. We too have dinner between 5 - 5:30...it's good to be on a schedule! Fun facts and I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Come back and visit! I'll be back to yours! I love your photos!

carissa... brown eyed fox November 10, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

i LOVE that... LOVED seeing YOU
and your six NOT boring things!

i loved what you said about the shower... what a GREAT idea... does a mom ever get to take a shower or for that matter pee in private? too funny!

and them that your hubby has dinner ready! my friend... that is awesome... do you think he could talk to my hubby... i would be happy with one meal a month! :)

WHAT a job you have... that takes a VERY special person... you are a GIFT to so many!

Kimberly November 10, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

Your son looks JUST like you! I bet you get that a lot. :) I think it's amazingly wonderful that you have such a set dinner schedule. I think that's something my family should aspire to for sure.

Beki - TheRustedChain November 11, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

You're not so boring after all! Quite interesting, in fact.

That is a stunning picture of you and your son!

Cara November 11, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

Boring...I think not. I make it a point that we all sit down to eat every night as a family. It is usually a little later just because of work but we do it and love it. We even feed the baby at the same time so he is also part of the dinner crew.
I also work in a Pediatric Hospital, how neat is that?
I love the photo of you and Bear. Great capture!

Dancing Queen November 12, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

what a beautiful shot!! and my son has that t-shirt!!!

i have to say we're finishing up homework at 5, or in the middle of an afterschool activity...dinner for us is usually about 6:30...what a special job!! that is a wonderful gift to share w/children & families in such a difficult situation...

happy wednesday!

Unknown November 12, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

oh, that was fun! and i love the photo of you and your middle guy.

btw - you hair is GORGEOUS!

Jaimee November 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

I think you have the PERFECT life!! Working 2 days a week might be just enough to keep you sane...we all need a little of that, I think!

I've been meaning to ask you...would you e-mail me your first name? If you don't want to share, that's perfectly ok too...I've just been wondering what MGF's first name is!

Awesome pic of you and your son...you are so pretty!

Stacy November 13, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Ooooh, a picture of YOU! Love it - you are very pretty. :) And dinner at 5pm?? Wow, I thought having dinner on the table at 6:30 pm everynight was doing well. ;)

Leacayoungart November 14, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

lovely portrait of you.

my daughter said that she was the only kid in her health class that ate dinner with her family every night. i was kind of shocked. it is a lost concept.

pediatric nurse. you already won my vote.

meg duerksen November 14, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

that was fun hearing more details about you! :)
5 o'clock is when i finally get around to thinking...."what should i make for dinner?" HA.
i used to go to the Y in IL. and i just couldn't stand all the nakedness in the locker room. the old ladies from water aerobics....they just sit around naked. they dry their hair naked. they talk naked. i couldn't take it. no showers for me. i was out of there as quick as lightening. :)

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP