Thursday

Home

Stacy introduced the theme today for home. Boy, was I baffled. Do I post something about how I need to sweep up the kitchen daily since we no longer have a dog. How the dining room table is a mountain of clothes on laundry weekend.

After pondering this for some time. I thought about how much I really liked my home. It feels comfortable to me. Sure there are things that I would change. Crown molding in the entire house. Dark stained hardwood floors throughout. Change the Master Bath Shower. When we moved here about 5 years ago, I really wanted to buy a home built in the 1900's and fix it up. I know it would have been A LOT of work~ still I drive buy those homes and wonder.

But when I walk through my door- it feels good.

Drool Home

I know the picture is not a room or object in my home. I took pictures around my home and they just felt awkward. Like none of it flowed. But this feels like what I live.

7 comments:

Stacy November 13, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Oh, that does feel like a homey picture. :) I would have loved to have a house built in the 1900's, too, but only one of the NICE ones. I grew up in a 100 year old farmhouse and I think it was colder in my room in the wintertime than it was in the barn. ;)

Christina November 13, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

I feel the same way about my house. It's far from perfect...but it's HOME. I feel comfortable here.

carissa... brown eyed fox November 13, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

perfect!
"it is what you live"... i love that... perfect!

xo

Anonymous November 13, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Beautiful expression of "home."

My home was built in 1898---I adore it, but during our first five years or so, the work seemed overwhelming...broken windows, knob and tube wiring, a 65 year old boiler, plumbing problems...all that is fixed, but you never know what the next crisis will be in a home this old. But we've made all our family memories here, and I can't imagine leaving it. Home certainly is where the heart is. :)

Jaimee November 13, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

I, too, have always wanted to buy a house to fix up...but the dream of that is probably a LOT better than the reality!

What an adorable picture! I just love focusing on their little parts....they will be there to remind us of what we stare at in awe every day!

Kimberly November 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

"this feels like what I live"

I love that. Home is where your heart is after all. :)

Amy November 13, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

perfect picture! I love the lips! Adorable!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP