Wednesday

Play Dough

Trying to be think of things that will keep my three monkeys busy during the Holiday. We leave today and I am trying to anticipate some activity's to keep them occupied. When I first got this recipe, I thought that it could not be this easy. Than I made it. It defiantly makes me hungry for Pumpkin Pie.


Play Dough 2

If you are interested here's the recipe. Easy peasy....... All three boys helped. I figured who cares, who puts there fingers in it and licks, they are going to play with it. I know I am no Pioneer Woman when taking pictures of food- but thought I would share.

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups salt
8 teaspoons cream of tartar
3/4 cup oil
1 (1 1/12 ounces) container pumpkin pie spice
Orange food coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)
4 cups water

Mix all of the ingredients together. Cook and stir over medium heat until all lumps disappear. Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth. Store in an air tight container.

Play dough

Happy Thanksgiving to ya'all.

6 comments:

Mitzi November 26, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

Wow! Pumpkin Pie Playdough, who would've thought! I would be afraid to make this...I'd just want to eat it:)

meg duerksen November 29, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

so cool. annie's preschool had this too and i thought it was AWESOMe. i bet your boys just loved it!

Kimberly November 30, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Interesting alternative to playdough. I may have to give that a try with Bryce. (And FWIW, I think you did just fine with the pics!)

Jaimee November 30, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

How fun! I can't wait until my kiddos are older and we can do stuff like this! Although, Caden would totally have played with the playdough, he just would not have cared that it was special yet!

carissa... brown eyed fox December 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

pumkin pie anything makes me do flips! :)

what a fun treat... bet they LOVED it!

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

Just bought all the stuff for this today and had to come back and bookmark it. We'll let you know how it goes... Thanks!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP