Sunday

Halloween Party

Party

The BIG Halloween Party.....

One of my personal favorites. I love to see all the kiddos dressed up and running around. Little imaginations working over time.

This years menu was:
Ghoul's Punch
Ghost Poop
Mummy Toe's
Pumpkin Berries
Pumpkin Berries
Ghost on a Stick
Ghost Mellows

Pumpkin Roll-Up's- for the parents
Pumpkin Roll
We played games like Slimy Eye Ball Hunt, Wrap the Mummy Relay, Pumpkin Candy Toss, Pin the Nose on the Witch and a few others
Party B

I think that the party was a success. I know my kids had a good time. Sharkbait would not dress up as Yoda (the costume I bought) but oh well maybe another year (all my kids had a hard time dressing up at such a young age). My friend came over early to help set up and even dressed up last minute as Princess Leia and ran some of the games.

This year I split up the 17 kids into three groups to play all the games. I think it worked much better. Each group was small and every kid did not have to wait long to have a turn.

The food was not much of a hit. Ghost Mellows were pure sugar tasting. The only person who liked them was my dear friend B. Ghost poop was alright- fudge; who does not like fudge. The drinks had eyeballs (frozen cherries) in them and most of the kids I found out HATE ginger ale. I should of just served bag candy and all the kids- except one would of loved it. But I am sure the parents would have not been happy with me.

Next year- I might try some science experiments and use dry ice. I really enjoy having this party, can you tell. Commander did a good job at taking the group picture and all the action shots of the kids.

15 comments:

Megan October 19, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

WOW -- what a fab party and great shots, too. my favorite are the ghosts on a stick -- too cute :).

Joanna October 19, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

Thats looks like a great time and those roll ups are making me drool. Everyone had such great costumes. I bet the kids would love the experiments next year.

Jaimee October 19, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

WOW!! That food LOOKS amazing! If it didn't steal the show, it should have!! Awesome party...you rock!

Organized Chaos October 20, 2008 at 6:18 AM  

What great pictures. I thought I was doing good with Halloween with serving mummy dogs before trick or treating. You really go all out! How fun!

Anonymous October 20, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

Yay, I might have to steal some of your ideas because our party is this weekend. I'll let you know if I do. How fun! This just made me sooo much more excited.

Stacy October 20, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

That looks like so much fun! Bless you for having the tenacity to host a party like that, which I'm sure the kids thoroughly enjoyed. I don't thing I have it in me. ;)

Sara October 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

great snack ideas. i will have to borrow those ideas for our weekly playgroup. love the pictures of your boys! you must have your hands full with 3 :)

Christina October 20, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

Wow! That's one heck of a party - looks awesome! And all the food is so creative! LOVE IT!

Killlashandra October 20, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

What fun what fun! I love your pictures. I can't believe the food wasn't a hit it sure looks good. :)

Years ago in another state and another time I used dry ice in a Halloween punch and it worked super well. Also ice frozen in rubber gloves and then stuck in the punch to keep it cold works well too. ;)

Jen October 20, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

That looks like one fun party. I agree with Joanna those roll-up sandwiches sure look yummy!!

carissa... brown eyed fox October 20, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

something you do every year? way fun! and those costumes... what is it about kiddos in their costumes... always such a great memory!

i think the food looks awesome! great job!

Cara October 20, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

I love Halloween and you guys sure look like you do too. The group shot are great! I love the berry with the little x's for eye (LOL). I can't believe you had 17 kids (for the party that is).

Krista October 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

what great ideas for our party coming up next week!! thanks! btw...what kind of camera do you have? amazing pics!

Unknown October 23, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

i so want to come to your house for your halloween party - dang! so much fun, and amazing food, too!!

Our Green Nest October 29, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

What a great party! Tu for stopping by my blog - I'm following yours now :)...really enjoying reading your posts!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP