Friday

Sweet Spot

Car Crash

Car Crash 2

This little guy is so fast.  He definitely was giving me a run for my money when I was trying to learn something.  I don't know why children under two years old can not sit still for more than 10 seconds.......  especially in the name of education. 


Both pictures are processed pretty much the same.  I do like that he is blurred in the background (is the term boken?) and the car and his hand are in focus in the first picture.

This past spring I took a class at the local camera shop.  I have learned a lot from StacyLauraRee, Digital Photography School online and others.  I want to thank each of these people for opening up and sharing their knowledge. 

Time is what I need.  I want to learn more.  How do you learn more about photography and post processing? 


I have mulling over the idea of asking friends to let me play photographer with their kids or family. I am nervous to say.... I want to shoot your family- will you let me? I should not be, due to the fact they all know this is one of my favorite hobbies, but what if the pictures totally suck??????

10 comments:

Mandy October 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

OH my. My boys are gonna freak when they see your pictures! WE LOVE CARS. Great shots!

Christina October 24, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

oh, these are fantastic! I love your point of focus. You really do a great job, and I totally think you should ask friends about doing some shoots. It's a great learning experience, and when it's "just" friends it's okay if you don't turn out incredible images every time!

Anonymous October 24, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Thanks for the shout-out! Wow, I'm so honoured!

You should totally do shoots for your friends. Those are great shots! I'm still "just starting out" and shooting friends is way less nerve racking than shooting strangers. You'll gain more confidence after doing a shoot and your friends will have fabulous pictures. Lucky them!!

Cara October 24, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

I love your perspective. You should definitely ask your friends. I am just starting to take picture of others. I was even asked by a friend to take food pictures. I was so honored but nervous. They came out ok in my eyes but she loved them. You will always be more critical of your work than others.

Jen October 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

I think your shots turned out great. I am learning too. So I know how you feel. It is so overwhelming. I have found that since I always have my camera in my hand my family and friends have started asking me to take photos. There is no better way to learn.

Anonymous October 25, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

These are great shots- so clear and crisp.

And you should definitely ask your friends- who doen't want a beautiful picture of their family?

i love plum October 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

what a sweet blog you have!!! your boys are super cute :) hey, i would TOTALLY let you play photographer with my family...your shots are a.m.a.Z.i.n.g!!! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Stacy October 27, 2008 at 8:01 AM  

You are very welcome! Love these shots - you are doing so well! The blurred background is called Bokeh, so you were close. It is also referred to as depth of field.

I would definitely start asking friends - the more you shoot, the better you will get. :)

Jaimee October 28, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

ask you friends...they will love it. i know how you feel though, I am embarrassed to ask, like I am stating how wonderful I am when asking....


Love these...boys and their cars...Caden is OBSESSED!!!

Rachel November 2, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Our kiddo LOVES cars... Thankfully Chicka wasn't one of them that ended up in my shower the other morning (see a recent post, haha).

You did a great job with the shots - I've really been enjoying your photos.

I would definitely suggest you ask if you can photograph your friends... they will start begging you once you give them copies!

It's hard to get real unposed relaxed family photos because someone always has to be the photog - so you'd be doing a huge favor!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP