Thursday

Wishing there was a pill

I think that there should be a rule about children getting sick between the hours of 10pm-6am. Not sure how it would be enforced. But I definitely have a strong opinion about this. Maybe science could help to invent a pill to take while pregnant to prevent children form getting sick in the middle of the night.

It has been a LONG couple of days. Shaggy (Sharkbait's new nickname) started vomiting about 10pm, and didn't stop until 4:30am or so. The next day he was a bit whiny, but not bad. Than Moose had a belly ache right before dinner. He started to vomit from about 6pm- 2:30am.

Sleep has been sparse. Laundry has been overwhelming.

It is amazing that a 25lb child can produce about 6 loads of laundry.
16 towels, 11 wash clothes
3 large blankets, 2 crib sheets
3 PJ's, 3 larger Baby blankets

And that a 50 lb child can produce 2 loads of laundry.
2 large blankets, 3 towels
1 set of sheets

But the trade off in laundry is that the older child is definitely more verbal about how rotten he feels. When I come up from my sleep deprivation, I need to write a letter to someone letting them know they need to invent this pill for the next generation.

Tonight is the test to see if the third will be up all night. I really hope that he is somehow safe from all the misery. My hands are raw from washing them so much.


Towels

12 comments:

Stacy December 18, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

Oh, no! :( I hope everyone in your house is feeling better now.

I totally agree with you about the pill. We had to call 911 in the middle of the night once due to croup. Not the way you want to be woken up that's for sure.

Christina December 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Aww, so sorry you're dealing with that right now! I hope it's over soon, and no one else gets it - esepcially YOU! I agree, there should be some law against being sick at night. Heck, as long as we're at it let's just ban all sickness. ;o)

Mitzi December 18, 2008 at 7:35 PM  

Oh so sorry! I hope everyone is feeling better:( I have been through these nights with my son...ours is usually asthma attacks. We have had a few 2 and 3am visits to the ER for them. Best of luck to you and I hope all your little ones feel better!

Cara December 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Oh no! I really hope the two get better and the 3rd doesn't get it. I will sign a petition for that pill too!

Kristina December 18, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Isn't it always late at night or when the doctor's office is closed:) Hope you get some sleep tonight

Amy December 19, 2008 at 12:38 AM  

Oh No!! Hang in there friend! I hope everyone is feeling better before the Holidays...at least they did it together...hope no one else gets sick!

Hope you get some rest tonight!!

carissa... brown eyed fox December 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

oh nooooo! i am so sorry to hear that! Bless their little hearts... bless YOUR heart!

Please Lord... get them all better FAST... the BIG day... your BIG day is soon!

i sure hope you ger REST!

hugs!

Jaimee December 19, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

Oh No! I hope everyone is over the worst and recovering by now! So sorry...get some sleep...and maybe a massage!!!

Kimberly December 22, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Good heavens, that some pile of laundry! Hope you all are better now. Nothing quite as dreadful as being sick for the holidays!

meg duerksen December 22, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

and when they make this pill.....have them also make one that takes away all pms hormones in the month of december. it's just not fair.

i feel your pain.
sick kids is no fun at all. and why is it always at night? yuck.

i like your self portrait too. :)

Beki - TheRustedChain December 23, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

Oh, that is ALWAYS the case, isn't it?!

I have one that's notorious for projectile messes in the middle of the night. Fun.

Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!

Anonymous December 27, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Yikes!!! If you invent that pill please pass it on!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP