Saturday

Send Reinforcements

Send Help

It's one thing for me to be up all night because I had insomnia. But it's is another to be up all night with a sick child. Yesterday Bear screamed for an hour about a sour ear. Took him to the doctor = ear infection. Scream for another hour or so after we got home. Screamed enough that Sharkbait was crying too, I think either sympathy crying or scared that Bear was crying so much.

We medicated Bear to go to sleep- Tylenol and ear drops for pain. All is well for a couple hours. Than right after our heads hit the pillow around 11pm, the screams began. Bear has a history of night terror. Just random screaming in the night, and unsure of what he needs or the ability to tell us. But these were screams of pain. Oh, it went on for so long. Finally bringing him back to our bed, so we all could get some sleep.

You would think on a KING size bed that two adults and a 30lb child could sleep just fine. Well as it turns out the person that weighs the least took up 50% of the bed. Finally at 5am I took him back to his own bed. Only to be awoken by my eldest at 6am that he was ready to get up.

The picture is from a Halloween flash light. Not a bad toy for .50 cents. Too bad it only lasted for a couple of weeks.

8 comments:

Christina December 6, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Oh I'm sorry for a rotten night! at least it's the weekend now and you can all just rest. Here's hoping for a much better night tonight!

Joanna December 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

Aw, poor little boy! I know it is so tough being up at night for a little one. My hubby rarely does any night duty because he doesnt hear anything after he passes out, plus he has to get up and work in the morning.....So I so know how you feel! Hope Bear is feeling better soon and you can all get some sleep! Perfect picture and title for this post! :o)

Jaimee December 6, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

EEEk! sorry for the horrible night! I had one of those nights recently, only my kiddos weren't sick, it was just a bad night! I was T-I-R-E-D the next day! It's weird how you get used to getting up and down during the night when you have a new baby, but once they sleep through the night, it is ten times as hard when they have an off night to get up and down!

Hope Bear is feeling better now!

Mitzi December 7, 2008 at 6:14 AM  

Oh poor guy! I hope he is feeling better. These nights are the worst...for you and the little ones! Maybe today will hold a nap for you and him:)

Cara December 7, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Arghh! So sorry for such a rough night. I have been there many of times and also wonder why a kind size bed doesn't have enough room for a toddler and two adults.
It seem like at our house that once you get one settle the next one up.
Our toddler has been having episodes of night terrors and I was told there was nothing to do, they would grow out of it. I can't wait!

carissa... brown eyed fox December 8, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

oh... i hope his little ear is better... that is so hard! sseing a little one in pain... the worst!
not getting any sleep... doesn't help!

the night terror thing is SO wierd... one of our daughters has them... she is slowly growing out of it but when she has one... WOW... something else!

Stacy December 9, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Oh no, sorry to hear that you have had the sickies. Screaming for so long has to wear on everyone, but poor little Bear. I hope he is feeling much better now.

HOpe you have been able to get some sleep, too. I have found our kids take up way too much space in the bed, too. They are used to having their full size beds all to themselves I guess.

Kimberly December 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

The photo rocks, the title of your post is hysterical, and I totally feel your pain. Ear infections aren't fun for anyone. Hope the little guy is feeling better soon.

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP