Tuesday

It's how cold outside?

It was a lovely weekend morning when the kids asked to go outside to shovel and have a snow ball fight. It had snowed that night and fresh snow is the best. Having nothing better to do, I said why not.

20 minutes later, after finding all the gear and getting everyone bundled up, we headed out. While we were getting ready, our neighbor surprised us by snow blowing our drive way off. (I was so thankful, we hand shoveled his and our driveway last week at 5am when he was out of town). That was one less thing to do, now we could just go out and have fun.

This is Bear doing a snow angle and asking me to pick him up after wards.

Snow C

Moose desperately wants to have a snowball fight. But the snow is not wet enough to pack into a ball.

Snow B


After about 5 minutes, maybe 10, the tears started. "I wanna go inside", "it's too cold". Don't get me wrong, I did not insist that Bear stay outside. We said that he could go inside, but no, he refused to go inside without us. The others wanted to stay outside, so that's where we were gonna stay. Than more tears and whining.

It was contagious. Everyone started to whine about the cold. Yeah, it was cold, and when the majority said let's go inside, we herded everyone in.

Snow

Once inside we looked at the thermometer to see -4 degrees. I let my babies go outside to play in the snow when it was -4 degrees. What in the .......

12 comments:

Cara December 17, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

Looks like fun, but cold. I always like to go out the snow because my mother would make hot coco afterwards. I think we just went out to get the coco.

Christina December 17, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Brrrr, makes me cold just looking at it! But oh so fun! I miss snow like that

Joanna December 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

What a coincidence in our posts! Funny. I love you picking him up from his snow angel. We did the same thing with Ella so it would stay perfect. That little face in the last shot is wonderful with the snow falling around him. He almost looks like he is smiling and not crying!

Jen December 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

I am with Christina. I started shivering thinking about it. No wonder there was so much whining.

Kristina December 17, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

We did the same thing on Sunday...after they came in I realized how cold it was...they took a warm bath and had hot chocolate.

carissa... brown eyed fox December 17, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

what in the WORLD is right!
that is down right COLD!
i agree though... why the hack not... too fun... besides... memories forever!

Jaimee December 17, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

That is C-O-L-D!!! I told Joanna, that I've been freezing here and it's only been 28 degrees!!!

I love that last picture and the snow frozen in time...especially with the "I wanna go inside" face!!

mmm....I think I need a cup of hot chocolate now, I'm suddenly very cold! :)

Marchelle December 18, 2008 at 5:33 AM  

how adorable!! i would have been begging to go in too. i don't do cold! the snow is pretty to look at...from out the window! ;)


you have a cute place here, i'll be back. and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Stacy December 18, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

But it didn't feel all that cold, right?? Oh well, you all surprised and MOSTLY had fun. I can tell...it was fun. ;) It has been that cold here, too. Brrrr....

Stacy December 18, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

I meant to say 'survived' and not 'surprised'. Sorry my typing skills are off tonight. :)

Anonymous December 27, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

Ha! That's hilarious! It really cracks me up because I try to do the 'good parent' things with the best intentions and end up with the realization that I've cluelessy made a major mistake. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous December 27, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

They look like they had fun regardless of the tempature.

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP