Monday

Look Ma I got a Loose Tooth

Moose has been so excited to loose some teeth. He is wiggling this one away. I am not sure why he is so excited. The tooth fairy does not give a ton of money for those teeth.

He starting seeing the dentist last year. Unfortunately, 4 cavities later he still loves his dentist. Dr. Carter is awesome. With all his dental work, he has never complained once about going to see him.

I have taken care of plenty of kids after a dental procedure. (If you didn't know, I am a RN in a recovery unit (after minor and major surgery) at the Children's hospital). Kids, months old to teenagers, all needing a hospital and anesthesia to get dental work done. So when my eldest had to have the fillings done at the dentist's office, I was blown away.

We see the same dentist that I went to as a kid. I love it there. We pay out of network just to see them. My middle child is still on the fence if he likes the dentist. I personally like going to the dentist. I am so relaxed after my visit. Which is surprising, with all the work that I have had done. Too many fillings and root canals to count.

Tooth


Happy Birthday to Gram!!!!
Gram

12 comments:

Kimberly December 29, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

Ugh, I hate going to the dentist. So it's a great thing that you little one doesn't mind going. :)

LuLu December 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

It so great he likes to go to the dentist. so far 3 of my 4 like going as well! It helps so much... I have one in braces and another one needing a consultation so I am dreading more dental bills!!! But teeth are important!!! :o)

Cara December 29, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

You guys have a bunch of Holiday birthdays, Happy Birthday to Gram and Papa!
I hope Francesco will grow to love the dentist too, we had his teeth cleaned at 18 months and 2 years and he did not like it.

Beki - TheRustedChain December 29, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

I'm not a dentist fan.

I also gag when my kids get a loose tooth. Haha!

And at one point I actually thought of going to nursing school... until I remembered that whole "I puke over EVERYTHING" thing.

Joanna December 29, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

Happy Birthday to Gram too! That is great that he likes the dentist. Ella has oly been once and she was a trooper. I wasnt sure what to expect, but it went very well. Better start saving Tooth Fairie!! :o)

Stacy December 29, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

That is great that he loves to go to the dentist after the work he's had done. I had 13 cavities done at once when I was little and that was not fun. I wasn't too happy to go to the dentist after that!
Happy birthday to Gram!

Andrea December 29, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

I STILL remember how it feels to wiggle a loose tooth with my tongue. And then I have those random dreams when my teeth are loose and falling out!?! Apparently, that's stress related.

I used to teach 1st grade, and it felt like a kid was losing a tooth daily. Tis the age!

Christina December 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

You have the exact same job as my Mom!!! She's an RN in the pediatic day surgery unit. In Feb she's starting in the OR, tho.

I hate the dentist...and I'm yet to take my kid to one. Ooops.

Unknown December 29, 2008 at 9:16 PM  

Happy Birthday Gram! And oh, I love the dentist, too...it is such a feeling of accomplishment and peace to have your cleaning done!

I have a 5yo over here dying to have a loose tooth! "But all my friends have lost teeth, when will I....." it is clearly a status thing, not the money around here! :-)

Jen December 30, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

My daughter is fine with going to the dentist, but my son is going to be another story.

I remember always being excited to lose a tooth when I was a kid.

Beki - TheRustedChain December 31, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

I'm tagging you. :) See my blog if you'd like to participate.

Jaimee January 2, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

I don't mind the dentist either...my DH is terrified of them! LOL! Men are hysterical! How cool that you've gone to the same dentist for so long!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP