Wednesday

Family

Walk

Recently an aunt and uncle were in town for a visit. All my relatives live far away, except for my parents and one grandmother. I wish they all lived close. I grew up with many friends having ALL their family live within minutes of their homes. They saw cousins at the grocery store, walking around town or at school. When my in-laws moved farther away I was sad. I think it would be so great see all of my family more often. I long for better relationships with all of my family.

I feel my boys are missing out on understanding what family means. They ask about why they do not have cousins. I have been an only child for most of life, and my husband now only has a brother who does not have any children.

Many people complain about their families and how dysfunctional they are. I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side.

5 comments:

Ashley April 15, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

The grass is definitely greener...but I totally understand wanting to know all family and have a good relationship, I long that for my kid's and their cousins on Jed's side. Maybe one day, huh? :)

connie April 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

I grew up with mine far away too. I got a message from a young woman the other day who said are you my cousin... And indeed she was. She is 15 years younger than I and lived in Wisconsin so we never really saw each other but we are getting to know each other now which is kind of cool. I wish we were not so far away either... How is the new job?

Kristina April 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

It does always seem greener on the other side...

Stacy April 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

I know what you mean. I was one of those that grew up with family minutes away. We used to ride our horses over to our cousin's house and their cousins were right next door so all us kids spent a lot of time together. Now my kids have 2 girl cousins that are out of high school, and I had 16 with several around my age. I suppose the grass is always greener, but when you have a healthy family dynamic it sucks to not be closer to everyone. :(

Jaimee April 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

I think it depends on the family as to whether the grass is greener or not! Most of my family lives out of town...I would LOVE to live close to my family!! But, we live close to my DH's instead and uuuggghhh....they can be really trying (at least they get on his nerves as much as mine!). Beautiful quote---reminds me of why I love photography!

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP