Saturday

No plans

We spent the days after Christmas just building Legos.

As fun as it may have been, I am not as obessed as my boys are. I am the sorter. Commander is the builder. The older boys drift between helping, wandering around and crying about not building fast enough. Shag is the destroyer.

Lego

Moose is the most constant. He does like to build, but I think they have not figured out that once you build them, that they have to be careful with them. But oh no, they fly these Star Wars ships around like they are regular toy ships. Eventually they crash and break, but the crying is minimal, they know that Commander likes to build them too.
Lego 3

We were lucky that Nana and Papa took the boys early one night and we went to dinner. What could more romantic then a after dinner trip to Target. We wandered around and somehow found ourselves in the TOY section. What are we doing there with no children in sight, habit I suppose.

Anyways Commander spots this PRIZE. He looks so giddy. Recalling the top dollar amount that he saw it for on-line. Explaining that it is such a good deal and we need to buy it. I admit it was almost 50% off. But the way he was admiring it, I knew right then the passion the boys have for legos is deeply embedded in their genes.
Lego 2

Maybe this weekend something more productive can happen other than the Lego building. We need to get this laundry done and out of sight.
Laundry

Have a Happy Weekend taking down all your decorations and cleaning up from the Holidays.

14 comments:

Mitzi January 3, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

I always liked Legos as a child, but they sure don't make many Lego sets for girls. I hope Kenyon likes them once he gets older, I want an excuse to build them!

Happy New Year!!

Kimberly January 3, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

I haven't played with Legos in eons. Looks like fun though. :)

I wish my laundry was sorted, folded and stacked so neatly. Sigh...

Joanna January 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

I got some Legos from my parents a few months ago that were my brother's some 20+ years ago. Why they kept them all this time, I have no idea. Probably because they spent a mint on them! Ella and Keith love playing with them together too. Its great to get the kids into playing with Legos. Theres so much imagination to be had with them!

duchess January 5, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Just found your blog thru...Sandy Toes (I think). It's fabulous.
Love your pictures & those cute little boys.
I'll definitely be back.
Happy Monday.

LuLu January 5, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

Oh Legos, my nephews are crazy for them. My son is 3 and is just now discovering them... he is really into Lincoln Logs. Loves building houses!
laundry... it's never done...i'm headed to fold mine now!
have a great day,
LuLu

Jaimee January 5, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

yeah...I'd call an evening at target alone without kiddos pretty romantic too!! :)

I loved Legos as a kid...I hope my boys will discover the fun someday too!

Hope you had a good weekend and got all of that laundry done...I'm ignoring a pile in the chair in our living room as we speak!!!

Jen January 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

That is hilarious. Sounds like something my hubby and I would do.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe January 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

How fun! I have a 20 month -old son so I am waiting a bit before we bring out the legos...but I remember loving them as a kid

Femin Susan January 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

Hi………
Very cool your blog!
Great! Keep writing…….
Good week………

Shell in your Pocket January 5, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

I know all about lego sets..I love your pictures...have a great week!
-sandy toes

carissa... brown eyed fox January 6, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

oh... do i ever have laundry to do after being gone for four days... yikes!

L O V E those pics!

Stacy January 7, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Yes, building things must be in their genes. We just got a few small lego things this Christmas. I tend to veer away from toys that require me to do most of the work. ;)

Beki - TheRustedChain January 7, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Girl, that is some kinda laundry pile you've got going on!!

Mine might look like that if I actually washed it. ;-)

Molly January 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

my family would have gone crazy over that lego purchase! the batmobile came into our life when daddy found it at target for over half off. he was commuting on bike at the time - i can just imagine how he looked riding a mountain bike, carrying a huge box of legos.

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP