Tuesday

Addicted

As we were leaving my girlfriends house for the hour drive home. She gave all my kids a snack. She has done this for years. It's like when we say our good-byes, my kids at looking to her for their treat bag. She always has the latest and greatest snacks. I swear that she finds about 75% of the new foods that we eat. I am not sure how she finds the best snacks, but she does.

So naturally, I take a bite to see what all the goodness is about. Yumm-O. And the very best thing: 70-120 calories a piece. I mean really, when looking for a snack, it's nice to keep it around 100 calories. Sorry for the numbers, but after 30 and kids, things can go south really quickly.

Clif Bar is "low fat, made with whole oats, and contains 12 essential vitamins and minerals kids need every day. What you won't find is all the junk!” They are low in sugars and low in fat. I have never been a health nut, my family does not do many organic things. We try and eat healthy, but we are a meat and potatoes kind of family, oh and we LOVE our bread.


This Clif Bar is marketed towards kids. There is the Z Bar and the Twisted Fruit. We all have our favorites from both products. I must admit I was hesitant to give my 4 and 6 year old an energy bar, but when I really looked at the ingredients between the Clif Z Bar and the Quaker Granola Bar, it seems like a better choice.


I am addicted to the Twisted Fruit. I eat at least one every day. Does not matter the flavor, it's just plain good. Wow, who knew I could talk about kids food for so long. If you get chance you should seriously try these.


Addicted

16 comments:

Darby January 6, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

yum! we probably don't have them here... no "fun" organic grocery stores. the south seems to be the last to get the good stuff and the first to stock up on little debbies... and other crap that tempts me from the shelves! i'll keep my eyes peeled for these, i know we have luna & cliff but i haven't seen these for the kids... i'll be waiting!

Beki - TheRustedChain January 6, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

You're making me hungry!

Christina January 6, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

I'm gonna have to look for these - sounds yummy!

Jen January 6, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

I love the Z bars and peanut butter is my favorite. I usually buy them for myself though! I'll have to try the twisted fruit next.

Amy January 6, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

That's funny...giving your kids an energy bar...I'll have to check into those...They sound yummy!!

carissa... brown eyed fox January 6, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

okay... so fun... always love to hear about good... new... heathly treats! :)

LuLu January 6, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

My kids are snackers... no question about it, I am going to look for those now that my pantry is "sparkly clean". We snack on the Fiber One bars (all flavors are great) your bars will be a fun mix to our snack stash!
LuLu

V and Co. January 6, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

okay i'm loving that you have three boys, and that they are totally into star wars legos like my three boys and i'm absolutely looving all your pictures of your laundry. every single day i tell you! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cara January 6, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

I will have to check these out. My boys love the cereal bars from Trader Joe's that don't have any high fructose corn syrup in them. My husband ate one once and said to me how good they tasted, like I would feed my kids bad tasting snack (men!).

Kristina January 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

I love the twisted fruit...I eat one almost everyday too...my kids love the Z-bars for a quick breakfast on the way to school. You probably already know this, but they sell them at Costco.

Stacy January 7, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

I've had a different version of their bars, and they are good!

Jaimee January 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Hmmm...maybe they will send you some now! ;) I love whole grain products for kiddos...sooo hard to find, especially something that is quick and easy...I will look for these...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Thanks alot! Now I have to go rack one of those goodies down for myself!

Krista January 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

my boys love the pb chocolate chip clif bar.....i didn't know they made a kid version....so excited to find!

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

That sounds yummy! I'll have to check these out!

Anonymous January 24, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP