Wednesday

Boating

Photobucket
Our good friends bought a boat this year. Her and I grew up water skiing with her dad's boat. It was really fun, some of my best memories. I was not sure how 5 kids and 4 adults would do on a boat for the day, but it was great.
Photobucket
Like we were reliving the good old days. But than later she showed up us all how easy it was for her to pick up skiing again.
Photobucket
Moose loved every minute of this day. He keeps asking when we are buying a boat. Commander keeps saying some of the best days of your life are the day you buy and boat and the day you sell your boat. He of course can not appreciate this.
Photobucket
The lake had a small beach. Kids enjoyed some sand, building and playing in the water.
Photobucket
I think you have to be really tired to sleep on a boat. A short cat nap and he was ready to go again. It was really fun. We all enjoyed ourselves.

9 comments:

Jen July 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Why buy a boat when you have good friends that take you out on their boat? Looks like you guys had a marvelous time!!

Kristina July 22, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I love to water ski...actually I also love boating! We have a simmilar pic of Olivia sleeping on C's brother's boat, it is such a sweet pic.

Stacy July 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Commander and Brian would get along well. He didn't grow up boating at all and doesn't appreciate it...at all. I would LOVE one, but alas I would be going solo.

Looks like it was a really fun time. Love the power nap shot...very cute!

Jaimee July 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

We grew up going to the lake almost every weekend with some family friends who owned a boat - sooo many good memories!

Unknown July 24, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

That is what I was going to say - let your friends deal with the boat, and you all can profit with fun days!

Em just decided she is going to be a boat captain when she grows up?? Nope, we have not even set foot on a boat in over a year. Where do they get this stuff from?

cherish.photography July 27, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Wow! That looks like great fun! It would always be summer around here if I owned a boat!

Beki - TheRustedChain July 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

That looks like fun!

Great pictures.

Joanna July 29, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

Yup, theres nothing like being on the open water enjoying a sunny day. I didnt boat alot when I was little, but we did go to the beach at the ocean almost every weekend. Up at 6am to get a spot on the beach by 8am before it got too packed....ah the memories!

Looks like a wonderful time you all had. Sun and fresh air will knock anyone out! :0)

Cara August 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

You guys look like you had a great time. I love being on a boat as long as I am outside. I am not good below deck.

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP