Monday

Snow Bird

The last time it snowed, Moose told me he did not want to stand in the cold and wait for the bus. I don't blame him. When I ride the bus to work, I wait in my car till the bus pulls in the station and than run to the line.

But it sure broke my heart after I dropped him off at school to pass the bus stop for the middle school kids. Some just sweatshirts on, no hats, no gloves and one kid in shorts- only a couple of kids wearing real winter coats. It was 9 degrees and the wind was blowing. I stopped and offered to let them wait in the car. But of course they said no. I would want my kids to say no to the stranger as well, but it was hard to drive away. At one stop there was other parents waiting with their kids in the car, but two kids still standing out in the cold. Did the parents offer, did the kids say no???? Riding the bus can be such a pain in the butt some times........

Photobucket

11 comments:

Jen March 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

Burrrr. Kids seem oblivious to cold sometimes.

Amy March 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Our neighbor kid wears shorts and a sweatshirt every day...I wonder sometimes if he even owns a coat! Breaks my heart!!! I hope the snow clears up soon for you! Spring is supossed to come this week...it will be here soon!

Anonymous March 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

LOL! PLEASE stop feeling bad for them! My daughter is in Middle School, and it is their "thing." It isn't "cool" to wear anything but a sweatshirt. Trust me, my daughter has two coats, hats, gloves, scarves...we even shopped together and I let her pick out a coat that she would wear, and I still have to insist on it everyday. I've given up on the hat and glove fight, but I won't allow her to leave without a coat on. The whole thing drives me batty!

Christina March 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

I guess this is one problem we'll never have to deal with, living in Texas! LOL

LuLu March 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

I pass the same kids at the bus stops and wonder the same thing. Do they have coats? how can they not be cold and when did wearing coats become not cool?
LuLu

Joanna March 16, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

I agree that it is a "to be cool or not to be cool" kinda thing. Great shot!

Unknown March 16, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Oh, that makes me sad. Poor kids! But also they are trying to be "cool" right? Gah - kids!

Anyhow - that photo is great...brr...but I'll stick to sunny CA! :-)

connie March 17, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Oh, I hope it warms up. I had a couple of friends who had boys that just would not wear pants they wore shorts all year long. Sometimes you have to wonder.

I love the photo. I hope all is going OK in your home.

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

That will totally be my son in shorts one day! Love that photo!

Stacy March 17, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Wonderful shot! I remember those days of waiting for the bus in the cold. Well, if it was their decision to wear something so light, then maybe they learned something? Hopefully??

Cara March 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

That was so nice of you to offer that to them, at least you did.

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP