Friday

Pediatricians Bear

At the pediatricians office there sits this over stuffed Bear. It is a greeting to all the children who come for a visit. Well I have a personal beef with stuffed animals. I think they are gross, yucky and full of bahhhh. Don't get me wrong I did have a stuffed bear growing up and still have him in a trunk, and many dolls and other stuffed things. But as an adult, yuck. My boys each have 1 or 2 stuffed animals, mainly from build-a-bear. Cute yes, but still.
When I work, kids are always coming out of surgery with their stuffed things. Of course I quickly give them they animal, but I always think how gross they are.
Anyways back to the pediatricians bear. For years I have directed the boys not to touch this gross overstuffed germ filled thing that greets all the sick children. But I am trying to let go of my hesitations and see that the kids really want to hug and love this thing. It gives them a smile both on the way in and way out of the office.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ashley September 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

I think its cute that they want to "say" hi...but I am with you, gross!! :)

Joanna September 16, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

You know thats funny. I never thought of a stuffed animal being "gross". But I totally get your point. Especially a public one like that bear. Ella had a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal and after 2 years all the stuffing had gooped up into clumps and I just knew the thing had germs all over it and in it. I tossed it and bought a new one.....Thankfully, Ella believed the story I fed her at the time.

Sometimes, I guess you just gotta let kids be kids....

Jaimee September 19, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

My boys are blankie obsessed, so they have almost NO stuffed animals! And, well, I'm fine with that because the blankies can be washed! :) Cute bear though - I can see how that would be a huge attraction ( to kids & germs )!

Cara September 20, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

I am with you...gross! I think that's because we work in pediatric healthcare and know just how many germs those things carry. My boys also have a couple of animals that they leave in there beds and they don't share them. My neighbors kids leave them outside in the dirt and rain and then once dry, take them in and play with them...gross.
Cute shot!

Julie September 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

I am so with you Nikki on stuffed animals and I think it is a "healthcare" thing! Miss you!
Julia

Land of K.A.

Mother May I

red BSM button

Shutter Sisiters

Photobucket

About Me

My photo
"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Flickr

www.flickr.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP